Monday, July 25, 2011

These are a few of my favourite things...

Mum and Dad leave for the Phillipines on Thursday!  We are all feeling a bit sad but its exciting to know that Elle and I will see them in 8 weeks time when we meet them for General Conference.  And then they will be home for Christmas.

Last night I decided to cook Dad a few of his favourite things for dinner - no, it wasn't "Crisp Apple Struedal and Schnitzel with Noodles" (Love that movie! - infact we watched it last Sunday - we consider it a church movie for Sundays in this house.  Hey, it has Nuns doesn't it?  I also heard once that when the Von Trapps got to Switzerland they became Mormons? - Mormon Folklore I am sure)

Anyway, I didn't even have to ask Dad what he would want.  Spaghetti and Meatballs and Creme Brulee for dessert!  Ryan and Jonathans favourite too.  The girls passed on the meatballs but the Creme Brulee was perfection even if I say so myself.  It is so easy to make I don't know why I don't make it more often ... oh thats right, because its pretty much PURE CREAM! 

Happy Boys


First bite and the perfect crack of the carmelised sugar - thanks for the blow torch Crystal!
Because Elle, Mum and me aren't fans of meatballs we went out for a lovely girls only lunch today.  It was yum and we all felt excited about the realisation that the next time we would all go out to lunch together would be in America.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

i hope you mum and elle enjoyed the sausage festival!